Immediate, direct hire opening for a Senior Design Engineer responsible for the support of product, manufacturing, and application engineering programs. This support includes design, prototype generation/coordination and laboratory testing up to production launch. Located in Northern part of Waukesha County. Solidworks experience highly preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications, data, and/or drawings/models to determine design factors as well as tolerancing.
- Designs for manufacturability
- Lead design reviews.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases to ensure compliance with both internal and external specifications and standards.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Controls drawings, models and other applicable documents.
- Utilize and improve Company engineering tools with the goal of following a consistent process that results in a predictable result. Examples of tools include: Zero Gate, Risk Tool, FMEA, Control Plan, stack-up calculations, DFM, DVP&R, Process Validation and PPAP.
- Responsible for utilizing Company processes such as Phase/Gate, Engineering Change Order process, and program reporting.
- Supports sales staff by providing technical data for presentation to customers.
- Researches and suggests different manufacturing processes.
- Leads customer meetings.
- Helps in training/mentoring Design Engineers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 4-5 years related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including strong working knowledge of Excel
- Good mechanical aptitude, and working knowledge of different materials (metals, plastics, etc.), as well as coatings/finishes and hardware.
- Good working knowledge of different manufacturing process capabilities; CNC, injection molding, welding, milling, etc.
- Ability to support customer meetings and work directly with customers on design related tasks.
- Ability to manage suppliers as they relate to prototype builds and associated changes/corrections
- Ability to handle multiple activities to meet target dates
- Experience in Root Cause analysis activities: FMEA’s, Flows, Control Plans, and other Quality activities.
- Experience with DFMEA, PFMEA, DOE and other AIAG procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of Solid Works or other 3D Modeling software
Preferred (but not required):
- Working knowledge of Stage-Gate Process, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and SPC
- Experience with Ansoft or other Magnetic FEA Software
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life coverage
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
Please forward your resume to: Kwelch@fsnw.com