Well-respected, employee-owned company on the north side of Milwaukee has an immediate opening for an experienced CAD Technician. This department specializes in low-voltage technology design, interior design, commercial food service design, and Design-Build professional services.
Enjoy a progressive, modern work culture that understands Life/Work balance and the importance of giving back to the community. Be proud to join an organization that values and nurtures its team members, from tuition reimbursement to professional development.
This relaxed, collaborative environment encourages comfy attire and includes an on-site fitness center, basketball, yoga, and massages. (And you can bring your dog!)
This is an open-ended contract, and for a strong performer, could lead to permanent employment and advancement.
As part of the Construction Document Specialist (CDS) team, the Technology Drafter produces schematic, design development and construction drawings and shop drawings.
- Construction Document Production
- Quickly, efficiently and accurately work in 2D CAD, following office Standards.
- Drawing Setups for low-voltage technology drawings.
- Manage and update referenced external files, coordinating with clients and outside architects to provide properly formatted drawings. Keep internal team members informed of updates.
- Update, revise, and annotate drawings, working off of redlines, schedules, or loose verbal instructions from designers.
- Draft systems including: access control, area of rescue, surveillance, Telecommunications, WiFi, audio visual, nurse call systems, cable television, and fire alarm. Produce wiring details and riser diagrams
- Basic understanding of PLC used for automation. Production of wiring diagrams, shop drawings, and as-built drawings..
- Develop complete operational Bill of Materials, integrating multiple manufacturer’s components and controllers.
- Cloud and track revisions.
- Conduct quality control check sets for your own work. Revise work based on self QC and QC redlines from others.
- Download, track, package and upload drawings using Newforma or client FTP sites. Coordinate with other CDS, designers and Project Managers.
- Support Roles
- Assist with the production of budgets and schedules using CAD annotative tagging, and linked or imported excel documents.
- Track project requests via CDS request forms and emails.
- Work to meet or beat project schedules. Coordinate with teammates to complete workload.
- Manage large-format plotters, change paper, print, scan, report usage.
- Develop meaningful and effective working relationships within work teams, throughout the company, and with outside design professionals.
- Collaborate with CDS team members, Designers, and Project Managers on multiple simultaneous projects within a professional studio environment.
- Build and maintain personal and professional relationships with Company corporate peers and mentors.
- Collaborate with Construction Document Specialist team to adjust for process optimization:
- Technical AutoCAD and Bluebeam standards.
- Company standard template files.
- Company AutoCAD detail library, instruction files, wiki.
- Troubleshoot basic technical issues for AutoCAD and related software; and for large format plotters, Help maintain troubleshooting log, and aid software users to resolve issues.
- Maintain technical excellence in drafting and related software by attending training programs and self-learning via software tutorials. Research and aid in troubleshooting by leveraging information from certified user group websites.
- The typical hours of the position are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday; off-hours and weekend work may be required due to project-specific requirements.
- Associate Degree in CAD Technology, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Drafting, or similar field.
- 3-5 years of experience creating and developing accurate, well-structured construction documents.
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and related peripheral applications
- Experience with Revit, Bluebeam PDF Revu, or Visio preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required. OneNote or Newforma a plus!
Email resume to email@example.com
Candidates requiring H-1B visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position.