Industrial engineering/construction company has an opening for a Supplier Quality Engineer. Contract position with the chance to become long-term based on workload/performance. $35-40/hr.
- Perform as primary liaison between company departments and suppliers during order execution, ensuring Non-Conformance Reports, Deviation Requests, and Requests for Information are properly recorded and addressed in a timely fashion to assure on-schedule manufacturing, and supplier is executing to quality plan and schedule.
- Review and assure proper tracking and recording of manufacturing quality documentation, recording supplier communications as required
- Improve the level of Design for Manufacturing in company designs through participation in internal design reviews to identify manufacturing cost savings and soliciting input from suppliers
- Develop new suppliers and participate in the evaluation and selection of alternate sources of supply.
- Participate in the writing and/or performance of Factory Acceptance Tests
- Travel 30% or more (includes international travel)
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing discipline preferred
- 5+ years of quality engineering experience
- Understanding of engineering design and manufacturing processes
**Inspection, Quality Reviews, GD&T, Machining, Materials (primarily steel)
**Welding, Heat Treatment, Assembly (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic)
** ISO 9000, AS 9100 based Quality Management Systems
- Proficiency using MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), MS Project, Powerpoint
- Ability to travel ~30% overseas
Apply today! Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org