Immediate, direct job opening located in the Waukesha area for a Sr. Quality Engineer with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience managing all aspects of the quality assurance process in a Manufacturing environment (OEM & aftermarket parts).
Will be responsible for the improvement and continual reinforcement of advanced quality planning and quality management systems.
Designs, installs, and evaluates process control plans, sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques.
Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; analyzes production and service limitations and standards; recommends revision of specifications when indicated; formulates or helps formulate quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Identify and interpret various statistical methods including basic process control, (measures of central tendency – mean, median, and mode – and dispersion, such as standard deviation and frequency distribution) process capability indices, such as Cp and Cpk.
- Identify, interpret, and apply problem-solving tools, such as root cause analysis, the six-sigma model (DMAIC), lean tools, Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA), and corrective and preventive action (CAPA) methods.
- Identifying and reporting process variations and/or discrepancy trends/processes in producing non- conforming articles and assure corrective action has been accomplished to eliminate product, process or systemic non-conformities.
- Work with Engineering to write and optimize Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP’s) to continually meet customer requirements while simultaneously ensuring that business and production interests are maintained.
- Evaluate and propose improved control plans and inspection techniques to increase efficiency and accuracy of the inspection processes. Possess advanced knowledge of quality inspection tools and quality inspection techniques.
- Apply non-destructive techniques to evaluate and ensure high quality characteristics of MIG, TIG and resistance welds.
- Evaluate and propose improved control plans and inspection techniques to increase efficiency and accuracy of the inspection processes.
- Support and supervise the Quality Technician to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system and customer/regulatory requirements.
- Provide final disposition where applicable on non-conforming parts with Engineering
- Work directly with customers to analyze failure, initiate containment action and implement corrective and preventive action to timely respond to and close out customer complaints.
- Ensure new products transferred to production are manufactured in accordance with approved product and process criteria.
- Conduct internal audits at all levels and processes in the organization to insure QMS compliance and to evaluate areas for continual improvement.
- Coordinate and facilitate problem solving under pressure and follow up on corrective actions and understand the relationships within the business.
- Participate in and help develop training to continually promote quality ideals and principles across the organization.
- Develop Key Process Indicators (KPI’s), Statistical Process Charts (SPC’s) and other data and drive continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system at all levels within the organization.
Experience, Skills and Educational Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Quality Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing all aspects of the quality assurance process.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Intermediate/advanced computer skills including MRP software, electronic mail, relational database, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
ASQ CQE preferred.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org