Immediate career opportunity for Senior Electrical Engineer with experience working on electrical wiring for buildings (healthcare & commercial mainly). Located near downtown Milwaukee, WI.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides technical, organizational and communication skills to assist and produce well-designed and coordinated electrical engineering concepts, drawings, reports, plans, specifications, cost
estimates, calculations, analysis, and construction documents for a variety of healthcare and commercial projects that meet owner requirements
• Collaborates appropriately and works independently in a fast-paced environment to ensure timely project delivery and appropriately prioritized work flow for projects in multiple states and locations
• Monitors and controls changes as necessary while maintaining prompt written and oral communication with project team regarding scope changes, design decisions, cost updates,
project status, etc.
• Maintains shared project files containing calculations, reference materials, correspondence, etc.
• Keeps current with the latest federal, state, and local code standards and applies regulations to ensure projects comply with applicable codes and regulations
• Conducts field inspections, evaluation and verification of field conditions
• Capable of producing innovative design solutions and sound value engineering judgment
• Uses available and pertinent electrical computer programs to enhance productivity while verifying results with manual checks
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with Building Systems or
• Professional Engineer (preferred, but not required)
• Knowledge of electrical systems, including power generation, distribution, lighting, and receptacles.
• Knowledge of special systems such as fire alarm, telecommunications, security (preferred).
• A minimum of 8-10 years applicable work experience
• Computer Skills: MS Office, AutoCAD, Revit
• Must be organized, detail oriented, and an excellent written and verbal communicator
• Engineering: 8-15 years (preferred)