Immediate opening for a Project Architect in an on-going role (5-6mos+, potential for direct) with a company located on the NW side of Milwaukee. Majority of the project are Sr Living Facilities and Hospitality/Commercial projects. Must have a strong Commercial background w/ Sr living ideal. This is not a Residential position.
Essential Job Functions Responsibilities:
- Develops solutions to client architectural complexities.
- Initiates and creates project designs and plans with responsibility for preparing presentation and design drawings.
- Responsible for overseeing the architectural aspects of the development of the design, production of the construction documents and specifications.
- Zoning and building code management, material specifications, maintaining quality control by checking and making revisions to shop drawings.
- Develop detailed Design, Construction Documents, Bidding, and Construction Administration production schedules.
- Conduct building code, local agency zoning, and state licensure studies and provide reports as required for compliant designs as required for Health Care and Senior Care facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Studies from an accredited university
- Licensed Architect
- 10-15 years of experience providing comprehensive construction documents and architectural construction administration for projects up to $10 million in value..
- Strong AutoCAD skills for design documentation (there is a separate design group)
- Extensive experience in all phases of architecture and engineering coordination including experience in project planning and design.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Building and Life Safety Codes, professional practices and industry standards for construction documents and architectural construction administration
- Travel requirements: As necessary for projects – up to approximately 20% (Valid driver’s license required).
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Master’s degree in architecture
- NCARB certification (or the ability to acquire)
- Knowledge and experience of Revit
- Experience in senior living
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org