Are you a natural born leader? Direct hire 1st Shift opening at a well-established heat exchanger and custom part machine shop. Reporting directly to the President, they need someone accountable for getting the job done (on time and on budget!) and able to wear multiple hats.
Based in Hartford WI, this position is a key element in the production of small and large heat exchangers for domestic and international power and process plants. It involves working with management, field operations, engineering, purchasing and production support to achieve production goals by utilizing available production assets. These assets are the personnel and other production equipment. The Supervisor will need to maintain safety requirements while meeting quality, cost and customer requirements.
This position controls all direct labor and in the manufacturing shops.
- Supervise Shop Foremen and all Operations of Fabrication and Machining while coordinating with Field Activities in Hartford, WI.
- Budget and profit / loss responsibilities for fabrication and machine shops.
- Help establish and operate a new ERP System for control and reporting on shop activities.
- Responsible for On Time Delivery.
- Work with project management and scheduling personnel to determine manpower loading.
- Recruit, hire and when necessary terminate employees production personnel. Recommend raises for hourly employees.
- Coordinate plant activities to accomplish production goals.
- Safety reporting and monthly safety meetings. Uphold HR polices
- Review customer technical specifications
- Uphold CODE, Quality, and Customer requirements for each project.
- Minimize Non Conformance Reports (NCR’s).
- Sign-off of on Labor hours and report Direct and Indirect labor.
- Uphold Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Customer focused and foster continuous process improvement.
- Work with management team in establishing an appropriate reporting system and then monitoring this system for improvements in production management.
- Support Estimating and Sales as Appropriate
- Direct the Work in Process Inventory management system
- Will have support of the Manager of Auxiliary Production Support for computer, logistics, purchase orders, scheduling and QC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or related field preferred. Will consider equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in an ASME CODE Shop and or Welding, Machining, and Fabrication.
- 1-2+ years of Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Fabrication
- Knowledge of TEMA and/or HEI is preferred.
- Microsoft Office profiency
- Experience in a System for accumulating information on Hours and Materials Usage on Job Shop Applications such as E2, JobBOSS, or Workwise
- Able to pass Drug Screen
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org