Direct hire opening on the north side of Milwaukee for an engineer with strong sheet metal fabrication background. Ready to transition from machine shop environment to office environment?
- Knowledge of product design, materials, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards to develop evaluate and improve manufacturing systems and methods throughout the production process to meet or exceed the customer’s requirements.
- Determine, in a timely manner, from drawings, samples and customer interface the most efficient and expedient method of fabricating parts and assemblies related to the required/optimal rate of production and in such a manner as to eliminate as much as possible any questions, doubts or assumptions by manufacturing. They are to develop accurate and complete routing and drawings specifying the sequence of the manufacturing process, process treatments and finishes, for assemblies and fabrications. They may need to order, develop and/or coordinate the purchase of; special tooling, fixtures, and the necessary steps to follow in the manufacture of such tools or fixtures.
- Responsible for drawing changes, changes to routings/travelers, supplier requirements, etc., issuing the necessary paperwork to make the changes and coordinating the process to assure that all the changes are made in an expeditious manner.
- Establish and foster working relationships and coordinate with shop personnel, quality, suppliers, customers, estimating, sales and department heads on the correct methods and procedures and assist them in solving manufacturing problems.
- Will assure the Engineering Department produces work that is complete, timely and accurate and conforms to all of the procedures, polices, contractual/customer, and regulatory requirements. They need to maintain accurate and detail records and schedules of work assigned; supervise and instruct other Engineering Department personnel.
- Duties may involve miscellaneous functions such as analyzing, investigating and preparing facility studies relative to plant areas, rates, machinery and equipment cost, and recommending proper machines to be purchased; reviewing work to be subcontracted and advising and assisting sub-contractors on Production Engineering and Manufacturing problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred, or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+years of experience in sheet metal manufacturing operations, including hands on experience with lasers, cnc-turrets, cnc-press brakes and mig, tig, robotic welding, fixture building and assemblies.
- Experience using Solidworks. (While this is not a design role, you must be very familiar with the software. There will be a test).
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form.
- Deal with several abstract and concrete variables, with the ability to visualize three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings