Immediate, direct opportunity located on the NW side of Milwaukee (near Menomonee Falls). This is a very hands on position to overseeing day-to-day operations of the paint line department and direct the work of the team members. Looking for 5+ years of powdercoat experience.
Safely directs production of the manufacturing operations of the company, working closely with the President to determine policy, production flow, staff development, and procedures to enable the business to run efficiently and profitably while maintaining high levels of quality control.
- Analyze and supervise production schedules and processes to delegate workload and continually revise production schedules and priorities based on customer expedites.
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with part specifications, operating or production problems and/or to improve job margins.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement methods and techniques.
- Administer company policies. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA’s General Industry Standards.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO Standards.
- Recommends improved manufacturing methods, layouts, equipment, and techniques and submits recommendations for approval. Conducts a continuous cost reduction program through the plant.
- Accountable for work flow planning, maintenance and production metrics.
- Interviewing and training employees. Appraising performance; motivating, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum 5-10 years of powder coat manufacturing management experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge of: conveyor system, pretreatment chemical wash system (8 Stage), wash and curing ovens, efficient parts hanging techniques, and proper powder coat paint spraying techniques.
- Extensive experience in a dynamic job shop environment including quality control systems, management principles and practices, manufacturing processes, equipment and scheduling and inventory control methods.
- Identify and resolve very technical powder coat paint issues as well as interpersonal issues.
- Persistent, upbeat, positive, high energy, and thrives in a dynamic atmosphere of change.
- Must be able to troubleshoot product related problems, manage and prioritize numerous concurrent tasks, delegate, and manage work.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
- Ability to gain consensus, influence and inspire with excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Exceptional organizational skill with ability to prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office package and working knowledge/experience with MRP systems a must.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing field preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as shop orders, purchase orders, and production documentation. Ability to complete pick lists, purchase orders, schedules and assigned reports. Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and other employees of the organization.
- Forward resume to email@example.com