Prominent Racine / Kenosha manufacturing company has an opening for an experienced Engineer at their recently renovated 90,000 square foot headquarters. For almost 50 years, they have designed and produced innovative off-road maintenance equipment with heavy emphasis on safety, performance, and reliability.
This is an opportunity to be the Engineering Manager’s right hand. Oversee 3-4 people, including a Solidworks Designer, but it’s important the Engineer is proficient with Solidworks as well. Must be able to juggle timelines and budgets, able to work two or more projects simultaneously.
Enjoy generous pay and clean, employee-friendly work environment. We have placed two professionals here over the past two years, and feedback has been all positive.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop/participate in the creation of design criteria to meet the requirements of the product needing development work.
- Generate ideas and screen suggestions for feasible ideas to generate conceptual designs that meet the requirements of the design criteria.
- Estimate the required budget, timetable, tasks and resources needed.
- Develop, maintain and comply with the project schedules and associated budgets.
- Perform and review the required analytical work.
- Participate in the process the process of initial release and revision engineering documents related to the project
- Overnight travel as needed for in-field evaluation/demonstration of project prototype designs.
- Provide the required information for development of technical publication of manuals and sales brochures
- Assist Manufacturing with first production runs of the project.
- Responsible for initial revisions to the project documentation during/after first production run.
- Responsible for providing direction and collaboration with designers in a design team.
- Responsible for performance appraisal input.
- Participate in managing, reviewing and improving department practices and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
- Experience in off-road equipment design.
- Experience in SolidWorks drafting & modeling software. (A Solidworks test will likely be part of the interview).
- Experience in PDM CAD management software a big plus!
- Understands the fundamentals of control systems
- Familiar with metal fabrication processes such as casting, machining, welding, bending sheet metal, etc.
- Familiarity with assembly processes, hydraulics, pneumatics, DC electrical systems.
- Hands on capability in shop and field environments.
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and able to do hand calculations
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel). Microsoft Project a plus!
- Familiar with Engineering Department information systems.
- Familiar with business travel. (Travel would usually be 3-4 weeks/yr, usually all at once when the product is shipped out. Mainly US destinations-some, some Canada, Mexico & Australia).
- Experience in additive manufacturing (3D Printing) a plus.
- Experience in writing software a plus (IQAN, Visual Studio, Labview).
- Budget and project management experience.
Email resume to email@example.com
Candidates requiring H-1B visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position.