Our established client has a new opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer. In this position, you will be responsible for improving, monitoring, and developing production processes, procedures, fixtures, work instructions, checklists, process or component improvements, and root cause analysis for component failures. You will operate as a key part of the New Product Introduction process and support day to day manufacturing operations.
* Works directly with the production staff. 70%+ of time dedicated to working with, and monitoring staff for throughput and quality
* Generate manufacturing cost estimates for sustaining improvements and new product development
* Work with quality to identify root causes and execute vendor audits to improve overall process quality
* Design and improve tooling and fixturing which embody reliable and repeatable manufacturing
* Issue corrective actions to suppliers for nonconforming products
* Drive changes to Design Engineering regarding issues impacting product integrity
* Manage weekly MRB activity using continuous improvement and root cause/corrective action mentality to identify and eliminate waste and or component or vendor improvements.
* Continuous improvement of workflow utilizing proven LEAN techniques to increase flow, control and documentation of all processes, effective reporting metrics (KPIs), and elimination of redundancies and waste (resources, time and material).
* BSME with 5 years additional experience
* Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) & Process Capability Analysis (CpK)
* Experience with LEAN manufacturing techniques and form effective KPIs to track rate and quality
* Experienced in QA/QC inspections and controls, test methodologies, and NPI into production
* Experience with tooling, fixtures and jigs a plus and recommend design changes to fixtures and jigs to enhance production yields where feasible
* Experience with root cause analysis and corrective actions utilizing formal problem solving tools such as PDCA, SFMEA, etc.
* Experience with Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly (DFx) a plus
* Experience with Injection Molding/Plastics a plus
* Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt a plus
We are currently NOT accepting H-1B visa transfer candidates.
Apply today! Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org