Global billion-dollar company in Menomonee Falls has a contract-to-direct opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer able to develop and deliver corporate LEAD (Lean Enterprise Across Disciplines) objectives. Join the industry’s leading innovator of branded hydraulic tools and solutions and specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems.
This key role is accountable for improving Culture, Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost by focusing on and implementing LEAD Principles at Manufacturing Sites. Work as an agent of the LEAD Office and collaborate with the Business Units to develop solutions aligned to the LEAD Principles of Flow, Takt, Pull, Zero Defects, and Zero Waste.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively seek cost savings and productivity improvement opportunities with the business units and company as a whole.
- Address and resolve production problems related to product design and supplier components using systematic problem solving techniques
- Establish and implement performance standards that drive results within the business units.
- Execute lean transformation efforts under the construct of the Actuant seven step process.
- Investigate new tooling methods, machine tool innovations and improvements in assembly and testing techniques to continuously update process performance, machine utilization, and setup time reduction
- Manage the key milestones and ensure successful project execution.
- Optimize production flow, by performing time studies, line balancing analysis and optimizing floor layout design.
- Participate and contribute to the on-going development and implementation of processes as a member of the LEAD Office.
- Use Lean manufacturing tools and processes to optimize facility layouts for efficiency improvements.
- Utilize metrics, lean manufacturing tools and facilitate kaizen events in a manufacturing environment to drive improvements on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Work collaboratively with entire LEAD Staff to consistently communicate the ATU LEAD Vision.
- Work with the BU’s on targeted Continuous Improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing or Industrial engineering
- Solid knowledge of the following: CNC Machining, Assembly / Test Operations, 5S, Visual Management, Lean Manufacturing Concepts, Continuous Improvement Methods, Project Management Rigor, and Cost Savings Analysis
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel. MS Project preferred
- Strong understanding of lean tools (error proofing, flow, 5S, takt time, 8D, standard work, etc.)
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org