Direct hire opening at a well-respected, employee-owned company on the north side of Milwaukee.
Enjoy a progressive, modern work culture that understands Life/Work balance and the importance of giving back to the community. Experience the satisfaction of knowing you are helping our seniors experience the care and comfort they need. Be proud to join an organization that values and nurtures its team members, from tuition reimbursement to professional development.
This relaxed, collaborative environment encourages comfy attire and includes an on-site fitness center, basketball, yoga, and massages. (And you can bring your dog!)
The Director of Construction is responsible for managing the successful completion of assisted living construction projects, in close coordination with clients and team members in sales, architecture, interior design, and procurement/project administration disciplines.
- Perform all aspects of construction project management ranging from initiation to completion
- Step into projects at various stages of the project lifecycle based on specific project need
- Ensure customer satisfaction by managing expectations and driving projects to successful, on-time and on budget completion.
- Provide feedback around the improvement of construction project management processes, policies and procedures to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Expand and develop a national network of high-quality, reliable contractor and supplier partners to fully meet company goals and project needs through identifying, interviewing, and bidding on a project by project basis
- Read and interpret architectural plans and construction documents, redline internally for quality control, and publish externally to clients, bidding contractors, and reviewing authorities.
- Maintain a high level of contact with both the corporate and project levels of client organizations
- Develop relationships with and partner with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), i.e. local, county & state agencies in order to quickly and efficiently secure project approvals, permits and inspections.
- Develop project budgets, schedules and all necessary project reports while maintaining communication with internal Partners and clients.
- Create contract documents for review and enforce contractual obligations with customers and contractors.
- Solicit, prepare and review bid documents, and negotiate project construction contracts with contractors and subcontractors.
- Monitor, maintain and communicate construction project schedules both with internally and with the client.
- Visit jobsites to review construction progress, ensure project conformance with contract design specifications, and provide oversight related to local, state and federal codes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in commercial construction project management.
- 2-3+ years of experience overseeing renovation and new construction projects within the Healthcare market. The ideal candidate thoroughly understands the operations of Long Term Care communities, including all logistics, phasing & scheduling relating to the construction/renovation process.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and lead cross-functional teams
- Proven experience managing multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Ability to analyze and adjust project work procedures to achieve maximum efficiency
- Working familiarity of commercial building codes and health care codes.
- Excellent computer skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Office)
- AIA Software
- Construction Estimating Software
- Valid driver’s license
Email resume to email@example.com