Our established client has an opening for a Field Service Technician. This is a direct hire position and the desired qualifications include:
* Troubleshoot and perform repairs and modifications on the mechanical, electrical, or software aspects of equipment at customer sites to customer’s satisfaction.
* Assist in the start-up, checkout, installation, and testing of new equipment.
* Instruct personnel at customer sites on the safety, proper operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment to improve efficiency of customer productivity.
* Build and maintain customer relationships.
* Act as liaison between internal departments.
* Provide remote technical support to customers from home office.
* Communicate information regarding changes made to customer equipment to appropriate internal departments so updates to technical documentation can be made (manuals, drawings, old program files, documentation, and in-house training program.)
* A two-year post high school diploma/certificate in electro-mechanical technology and a minimum of 3 years related experience, OR a high school diploma and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
* Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and controls systems along with a general understanding of material handling practices.
* Excellent customer relations and interpersonal relations skills including a high degree of diplomacy.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment
* Experience in PLC Programming
* Basic computer skills including Word and Excel
* Must possess a valid driver’s license
* Ability to travel up to 80% of the time (U.S., Mexico and Canada)
Apply today! Email resume to email@example.com