This is a great temp-to-hire opportunity for an aspiring or returning Process Engineer.
They need a Microsoft savvy tech to convert “complex” (that’s coming from someone not in the IT dept) formulas from Excel into one integrated program.
That’s the immediate priority. Beyond that, you take-on engineering assistant responsibilities and get to learn the manufacturing business from the ground up. Literally. From one Excel cell to the entire (recently expanded!) 125,000 foot facility operations.
And you’d be working with good, environmentally-mindful people. 95 % of materials used are sustainable, and many finished projects are LEED-certified. You’re welcome Mother Earth.
They have a 4.6 (out of 5) Star employee review average on Glassdoor.com. People like working there!
- Primary function is to process orders from inception to completion by creating manufacturing drawings, instructions, and bills of material utilizing a variety of software.
- Provide accurate information for punch turret operation, ensuring on time deliveries 100% of the time with zero defects.
- Convert customer orders into shop orders to achieve outstanding quality, customer service, and effective teamwork.
- Maintain part libraries.
- Assist V.P. of Engineering in establishing and implementing production enhancement procedures, policies and programs.
- Recommend process improvements for preparation of work orders.
- Update all of the department’s electronic files as needed.
- Develop new software skills with 3d layout & manipulation utilizing advanced spreadsheet techniques.
- High School diploma required. Associate Degree in Information Technology , CAD Technology , or related field highly preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a professional environment, preferably involving manufacturing operations
- Microsoft Office proficiency. (Seriously, if you can’t convert a Word doc into an advanced Excel spreadsheet with formulas and charts in less than 5 minutes, you need not apply)
- AutoCAD familiarity
- Sheetmetal or Striker software experience a huge plus
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org