Business is booming, and our well-established Waukesha County client, one of the region’s leading engine distributors, has created a direct hire opening for an engineer with strong Windchill skills. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer provides custom order & new product development support, along with implementing improvements to current designs with emphasis on structural sheet metal, equipment assemblies, and system integration.
This role’s primary focus is Industrial Engine Controllers. You will be designing mechanical brackets using Windchill, drawing electrical symbols/schematics, setting up electrical harnesses, etc. Collaborate with a smart, passionate team of some of the industry’s leading engineers.
- Design, draw, and revise component drawings as needed using Windchill. Create assembly and installation drawings for projects or customer orders using Project Link/Windchill document and Macola BOM management systems.
- Originate and/or develop designs for products relating to defined customer needs or proprietary items.This will include the adaptation of existing designs into new applications.
- Manage own schedule to meet internal customer and project demands.
- Track and communicate tasks through design engineering and update supervision as required.
- Process BOM changes using engineering change numbers and tracking software.
- Review components to reduce cost and/or select components for projects. Create & maintain common thread through product lines via involvement in new product developments and product & cost improvements efforts.
Education & Training:
- Requires a BSME or BSEE. UL, CSA, or CE compliance training highly desirable
- 2+ years design or product development experience in a production environment
- 1 year engine related exposure strongly preferred
- Hands-on assembly experience or testing a plus.
- Must be an avid user of Creo and Windchill, proficient in Microsoft Office products, ideally also well versed in Macola or other common ERP software
Apply today! Email resume to email@example.com
Candidates requiring H-1B visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position