For almost 100 years, this company just south of Madison has pioneered and mastered the design, engineering, and fabrication of steel buildings, including substation control rooms, storage modules, equipment facilities, etc.
They are looking to bring on a personable, experienced Estimator for direct hire employment. The Estimator researches and recommends budgets and resources for electrical projects. Must have solid NEC knowledge and experience reviewing electrical specifications and thoroughly and accurately providing estimating solutions.
|Job Description For:||Electrical Estimator JO# 36330|
|Reports To:||Estimating Manager||Dept.||Estimating||Approved By:|
|Summary:||Determine electrical scope, costing, and create specification on assigned quotes.|
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities||1. Reviews customer electrical specification to determine job scope.
2. Estimates costing for the electrical job scope.
3. Creates initial electrical specification.
4. Provides technical expertise to sales department.
5. Maintains master electrical BOM and/or estimating database.
6. Initiates vendor quotes and pricing for electrical components.
7. Briefs Electrical Designer on job scope when turned into an order.
8. Determines if any additional resources or equipment will be needed to complete scope.
9. Other duties as assigned.
10. Endeavors to create a workplace environment that is enjoyable, engenders pride in the product and focus on the customer, and provides room for individual responsibilities and ideas.
|Competency:||To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
1. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
2. Quote Management – Coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes assigned quotes on time and budget.
3. Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming, keeps emotions under control, remains open to others ideas and tries new things.
4. Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities, contributes to building a positive team spirit.
5. Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others, inspires and motivates others to perform well, inspires respect and trust.
6. Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
7. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
8. Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, Keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
9. Initiative – Volunteers readily, seeks increased responsibilities, asks for and offers help when needed. Displays willingness to make decisions.
10. Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently.
11. Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
12. Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, monitors own work to ensure quality.
13. Quantity – Meets productivity standards, Completes work in a timely manner, strives to increase productivity, works quickly.
|Qualifications:||To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must have a good understanding of the current National Electrical Code (NEC).|
|Associate Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or six months to one year related experience and/or training in electrical design, installation or estimating, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.|
|Language Ability:||Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.|
|Math Ability:||Ability to calculate figures and amounts using basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division operations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.|
|Reasoning Ability:||Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.|
|Computer Skills:||To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.|
|To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|