Do you have Construction or Utility document management experience? Immediate 1+ year contract in Waukegan, with possibility for extension after. $25/hr + eligible for single or family health insurance. Note that initial training and occasional work thereafter will take place in downtown Chicago, but the role is primarily based in Waukegan.
The Document Control Specialist is responsible for various tasks associated with the construction project life cycle. The specialist position collects, maintains and distributes all supporting documents, develops and maintains a comprehensive filing system and database, and manages revisions of documentation in a timely manner.
- Complete Document Control functions of document fulfillment, release, change, revisioning, transmitting and archiving.
- Coordinate with other departments for collecting, inputting and filing all data relating to project life cycle.
- Maintain document files to be orderly, up-to-date and ready for audit at all times.
- Maintain project document logs.
- Primary role as Records Information Management for lifecycle of documentation.
- Respond to internal and external drawing and document requests, utilizing strong interpersonal skills and building relationships with engineering and construction team.
- Detail-oriented analysis and review of documents received compared to the document requirements. Provide feedback to the supplier of the documents as needed.
- Associate Degree or above in Construction Technology or related field preferred. High School Diploma required.
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience at an Engineering or Construction company (NOT legal, health care, or pharmaceutical) providing support on major construction programs, preferably within the utilities or oil/gas industry.
- MUST HAVE prior experience with engineering and construction drawing/documentation versioning, revisions, transmitting, etc.
- Must have strong prior experience using using an electronic document management system (iManage, ProjectWise, etc).
Email resume to email@example.com
Candidates requiring H-1B visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position.