Well-respected company, consistently listed as one of the “top places to work,” seeks a direct hire Controls Engineer to perform Controls Design / SCADA programming at their Addison, IL location just west of Chicago. They have very competitive benefits, ESOP, and bonuses.
Project execution, task identification, task prioritization and scheduling, task ordering, time tracking and reporting, financial tracking and reporting, early problem identification and conflict resolution, hardware requisition, supporting other engineers in group, and attending project status meetings. Also includes overseeing daily operations and activities of a project(s) ranging in size up to $500k. This position is responsible for ensuring overall profitability of the project.
- Designs, develops, and implements control system (logic software and hardware) to meet machine and integrated system requirements.
- Develops control logic software and user interface applications.
- Develops schematics detailing control system configuration and wiring, and design equipment panel layouts on AutoCAD software.
- Will assist with initial start-up and debug integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as food and beverage or semiconductor.
- May act as lead on some projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
- General administration such as paperwork, copying, printing, faxing, and using a computer
- BSEE or BS in Controls Engineering or Chemical Engineering is preferred. An AA in Engineering Technology or equivalent with equivalent experience may be substituted
- 2+ years of related experience, with demonstrated in-depth understanding of control systems, components, ladder logic programming, SCADA programming and their applications (i.e. Cimplicity, Wonderware, Intellution.)
- Strong experience with instrumentation and controls design as well as PLC (i.e. Rockwell Automation, Modicon, Siemens) and/or SCADA required.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 25% to job sites.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates requiring H-1B visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position.