Employee-owned northside Milwaukee company has a direct hire opening for an onsite Construction Superintendent to be on the front lines of senior living projects. Enjoy a modern work culture with above average benefits and perks.
The Site Superintendent is responsible for overseeing site operations for projects ranging in size and complexity. You will work closely with construction resources, owners, architects and subcontractors to deliver quality workmanship on time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management preferred. High School Diploma required.
- 5-10 years of related superintendent or construction management experience. Healthcare or similar highly regulated project experience strongly preferred.
- Trade profession experience in carpentry or related field a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience reading blue prints
- Experience with safety systems including fire, sprinkler, nurse call and wonder management systems
- Familiar with a variety of construction industry concepts, practices, and procedures
- Travel requirements 90-100%. Local, some national.
- Valid driver’s license with a insurable driving record required
Essential Job Functions Responsibilities:
- Review project with Project Architect and Project Manager:
- Review plans and specifications.
- Review soils reports.
- Review survey information.
- Research local data such as typical weather conditions, local labor affiliations, and market conditions.
- Assist Project Manager with developing the detailed construction schedule based on preliminary schedule.
- Assist with project bidding:
- Assist with distributing plans.
- Assist with negotiating subcontracts and purchase orders – Project Manager must approve each subcontract prior to award.
- Assist with issuing documentation to create subcontracts and purchase orders- Project Manager must review each subcontract, change order, and purchase order prior to issuing.
- Coordinate building permit with Architect, Project Manager, and local authorities.
- Assist with setting-up temporary power, phone, trailer, testing, surveyor, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate job site activities.
- Ensure subcontractor work is in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Enforce company quality standards.
- Document daily progress; daily reports and photo documentation.
- Create a “Two Week Look Ahead” schedule each week; submit to all subcontractors weekly. Enforce project schedules.
- Conduct weekly job site meetings to review work progress.
- Initiate change orders as required.
- Maintain a set of “As-Built” drawings at the project site.
- Assist with shop drawing submittal and review.
- Assist with review and approval of subcontractor payment requests.
- Supervise on-site testing as required.
- Enforce OSHA Safety practices at the site.
- Submit weekly paperwork as outlined in the Construction Manager Administrative Handbook and the policy and procedures manual.
- Schedule and coordinate construction with owner equipment.
- Communicate on a daily basis with your Project Manager.
Project Close-Out Phase
- Develop the preliminary punch list with the Project Manager.
- Schedule all required final inspections such as plumbing, electrical, fire, State, and building to obtain Certificate of Occupancy.
- Assist in coordinating delivery of all FF&E items installed by Owner vendor.
- Complete all change orders and other paperwork.
- Assist in obtaining information for the warranty manual.
- Supervise completion of the preliminary and final punch list work.
- Review the completed project in detail with the Project Architect and Project Manager.
- Prepare and submit “As-Built” drawings with the Project Architect.
- Directs and oversees all operations of the firm’s estimating function.
- Develops policies and procedures related to the bid process, and has final approval over all bids and proposals.
- Schedules estimating staff to ensure that bids are created in a timely manner.
- May personally develop estimates for large or complex projects.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Responsible for the overall management of construction projects.
- Oversees multiple projects at one time with the aid of Resident Construction Managers.
- Ensures construction projects are completed on time and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Assists in staffing, outlining project plans, setting project goals/deadlines, and evaluating performance.
Email resume to email@example.com