Direct hire at well-established heat exchanger fabrication and growing custom part machine shop.
Located in Hartford WI, they are looking to add several skilled machinists who can operate large horizontal machining centers and/or manual, gun drill, and CNC lathes to build historic precision tooling and custom heat exchanger components.
Full or Part time, and 1st or 2nd Shift shift. Strong potential to quickly advance into a Lead role!
- Why join this growing company?
- Stability – we serve many diverse industries which keeps business stable and our machinists constantly learning.
- Growth company – we have a high paced work environment and actively growing our machining shop capacity.
- Benefits – health plan, SIMPLE IRA w/ match, vacation, PTO, and OT.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Understand program format, work from operational data to set up and operate an older (manual) CNC machine tool without assistance from others.
- Ability to safely cycle through CNC programs, check locations, use simple G-codes, check tool clearances, fixture pick up locations and understand speeds and feeds tools are programmed to be appropriate for the working conditions. And may include the following:
- Set-up large parts safely on machines
- Load or create programs and adjust for part sizes and part requirements
- Measure parts and appropriate moves to resolve out of tolerance conditions
- Read and understand complex blueprints and GD&T call outs
- Use a variety of measuring instruments to inspect part at machine, and record data on inspection documents.
- Understand the required time needed to complete the job and be within specified routing time to ensure production efficiency.
- Work with a cross functional team that may include Programmers, Quality Inspectors, Engineering personnel and Management to develop machining cycles for machine tools, tooling, and fixture requirements.
- Understand the need for a safe and organized work space by keeping the work area and machine maintained daily.
- Strong mechanical background required
- Demonstrated STABLE work history
- Able to pass Drug Screen
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org