The Midwest’s premiere utilities company has a long-term contract (4-5+ years) with pay up to $190/hr. MUST have Gas Infrastructure Project Management experience, the personality to dazzle project stakeholders, and the drive to deliver successful outcomes. This is full-time based at the Gas Supply and Control headquarters in Fisher, Illinois (near Champaign, IL — between Chicago and Indianapolis).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the business unit leaders in development of strategic plans and execution of portfolio management.
- Provide direction to strategic, tactical, financial, and operational initiatives for a portfolio of major projects.
- Assure alignment of program initiatives and department goals with corporate strategy. Facilitate the conceptual developmental, implementation, and operational validation phases of the project value stream.
- Serve as primary interface lead with all internal and external program stakeholders. Demonstrate a commitment to utilization of the fundamentals of project management, operational excellence, and customer focus.
- Accountable to continuously evaluate changing business environments via utilization of best practices in portfolio Management in an effort to ensure the portfolio goals are met. Facilitate the appropriate interaction and coordination between business units and Manlove site functional areas to ensure successful execution of the project portfolio.
- Maximize teamwork between Project Management and functional group leaders to enhance the overall company’s effectiveness and performance. Establish a customer focused attitude. Identify and communicate the program’s top goals and priorities, current status, progress and lessons learned to all stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in a manner consistent with corporate values and beliefs. Demonstrate a commitment to a culture of operational excellence. Foster a project management discipline throughout all functional areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate and communicate with site management, Project Steering Committee, co-owners, public relations, governmental affairs, financial community, etc. to ensure that stakeholder objectives and program objectives are aligned and being met.
- Coordinate efforts between the project sponsors and the site Project Management group to ensure involvement of adequate and qualified operational resources. Facilitate process to evaluate potential impacts to the existing organizational design. Collaborate with the Project Sponsor to assure timely and efficient transfer of asset ownership.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years Gas Infrastructure (distribution, storage, transmission) experience.
• 10+ years Project management value stream including concept/business case development, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and closeout
- 5+ years Demonstrated effective formal supervisory, leadership and team skills
- 5+ years Influential and/or negotiation communications, including oral and written communication and presentations, with project stakeholders such as regulatory agencies, local communities, governmental agencies, project partners, customers, etc.
To apply, email resume highlighting your Gas Infrastructure Project Management experience to firstname.lastname@example.org