1st Shift opening at a well-established manufacturing company in north Milwaukee / Menomonee Falls area for an experienced Buyer / Inventory Manager.
Reporting directly to the Owner, you will oversee all company purchasing and experience the independence to perform your job and thrive — no micromanaging here! Competitive salary and benefits. Join a growing, family-owned company that encourages continuing education and supports advancement from within.
- Obtain the best possible total price for goods and services; this includes not only the cost, but quality, delivery and service.
- Manage Inventory: maximizing turns, accuracy, slow moving/obsolete, consignment and supplier storage.
- Develop, implement, update, train and adhere to purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, procedures and terms & conditions. ISO: QAP’s & WI’s; Terms & Conditions; Standard Text- material, contracts, tooling, blankets, services; Training & Auditing as needed to assure requirements are being adhered to.
- Monitor and expedite all outstanding orders, communicate with Sales, Engineering, Production, Shipping & Receiving, Quality, etc. to detect and avoid potential problems and assure Customer Requirements are met.
- Develop suppliers of materials, equipment, supplies, services, etc researching/auditing them in order to determine product availability, terms of sales, etc. Including substitute materials and services.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders. Maintaining inventory, supplies, and other consumables to meet customer requirements.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability. Inform management of changing market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Review purchase orders, claims and contracts for any legal concerns, potential risks, and conformance to company policy. Resolve supplier or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers-SCARS.
- Maintain accurate records of materials and services ordered, received, issued, and on hand including customer supplied items.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain / Materials Management or related field preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of Purchasing/ Procurement Specialist experience in a comparable Manufacturing environment. MUST HAVE prior sheet metal purchasing experience.
- Ability to pass Drug Screen
Email resume to email@example.com
Candidates requiring H-1B visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position.