Direct hire opening for electro-mechanical Project Engineer at award-winning Menomonee Falls manufacturing company. Enjoy generous salary + bonus structure, 11 paid holidays and plentiful vacation, company-matched 401k, and comprehensive insurance plan.
Thrive in a collaborative environment that provides opportunities to enhance your career and income through honest work and high performance. They provide the education, training, and coaching you need to become a valuable team member.
- Responsible for creating design specifications (component, sub-system, and system specs which may require soliciting data from service, sales, and operations), concept analyses, benchmark reports, DFMEAs, technology assessments, test plans, mathematical design models, engineering reports, cost estimates, engineering project plans and other associated engineering knowledge deliverables.
- Responsible for developing design concepts and associated technologies through the following key duties:
- Concept generation, selection and stakeholder validation
- Modeling the mathematical relationships between key design factors and critical technical responses through theoretical and empirical methodology and analysis
- Analytically predict potential failures, designing for reliability, robustness and manufacturing
- Qualify the design performance, reliability, robustness and acceptance to regulatory standards through test plans and statistical analysis
- Effectively document and report key learning for a wide range of technical and non-technical recipients
- Must lead new product development process and take ownership of project schedule (includes plans for experimentation, qualification tests, field test units, lab builds, and pilot builds)
- Ensure the design of critical/long lead-time components progress without delaying the project schedule
- Collaborate with Electrical/Software engineers on product functions/interfaces
Mediate the product design as the lead design engineer through guidance of the engineering and product team as needed.
- Provide reporting for management and technical reviews.
- Assist test engineer with evaluating samples and oversee finished product testing standards
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field required. Masters Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in a new product development engineering environment
- Proficient in DFSS (DOE,QFD/CPM, DFMEA, robust design, mathematical modeling, reliability analysis,…), FEA, CFD.
- Experience in cooking/combustion/gas/heat transfer/material technologies. Experience in the food service equipment industry preferred.
- Excellent documentation skills and oral communication skills directed to technical and non-technical audience
- Strong technical & analytical ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical product
- Possess leadership skills to be able to identify bottlenecks in the development workflow and implement corrective actions
- Ethical leader who executes with urgency, quality, and commitment to the customer
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates requiring H-1B visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position.